New Year, new ideas
Happy 2020! It is lovely to see a New Year start at the Bell, with our team working hard on ideas to welcome you to our pub and enjoy your visit.
Here are just a few of the things we are planning for 2020:
- A refresh of the menu, with some new dishes for you to try - being launched in March
- More music: we plan to put on lots more live music events this year
- Regular changes to our real ales: we now have 3 pumps, so we can offer a guest ale
- A better low-alcohol range, for the drivers and those who prefer a less boozy option
- Taster evenings and events, to let you try our full range of food and drinks on offer
We've also revamped our regular quiz night, which will now be every 4 weeks on a SUNDAY evening, as opposed to Tuesdays and starts at 7PM. This is in response to feedback from our quiz fans, who wanted an earlier start and the chance to make more of an evening of it. We'll be offering basket meals at half time: our first one in the new format will be on Sunday 26 January, so call and book a table now if you are hoping to join us. It's £5 for a basket meal and £1 to enter the quiz.
Our weekly specials and Sunday Carvery will continue - it's always advisable to book to avoid disappointment! We have increased the offer on our Thursday Curry Nights as well, with at least two to three different curries now on offer, home-cooked with classic curry sauces such as korma and tikka massala. We will also now be serving this carvery-style, so you can have a bit of each if you like!
Keep an eye on this page for more updates as they happen - plus we'll also be launching a newsletter this year which you can choose to receive via email.
And don't forget it's Valentine's Day soon - check out our special menu for Friday 14 February, served from 6.30pm. It's pre-booked only, so get in touch to reserve your table - 01805 938285 or use our contact page.
We hope to see you soon at The Bell Inn!